Sunday, July 29, 2018

Diary Entry - 30th December 1973

Woke late, made breakfast and sitting in omnipotent sun that gets voltage reduction every now and then. Wish Lynne would put a record on, but they are outside walking the dog ( a cat ), leaning on the graveyard wall. Quick! while it's quiet ! Bill is sawing thru' his wooden legs next door and has his dreaded radio on. Lynne and I have the dreaded recordsayer on in here - "The Show Must Go On" - Bill's fave of the moment - he rushes in - it sounds like 300 frying pan's of boiling fat! Went for a little moped ride today to try and blow some cobwebs out but my thumbs dropped off with cold so I came back quick! Quick! I did a bit of tracing and drawing and water colorin' too - the le Bengali mouth organ bit. I don't know what for really. I tried to do some oily cockerale , but turned sour on me. Yuk! Aeiough!..................... (31st December ) Last day of '73. What a year! Quite a lot going on I suppose but then it's always been like that. Fog listing now. Bill's rattling about next door in his studio - things are really happening at last?! The wine has been drunk ( just one bottle with pate ) and it's about 11 I imagine and we've listend to the same old 73 records and read about John Lennon from '71 and hoping '74 will prove better than the preceding year in all ways and to it start off some nice fat letters from Blighty or some place!? I've washed my feather bed today and hung it in the night air to freeze. Twiddled and twaddled about, painted a little boy scout and Bengali letter heading for the first of 1974. Nood Gight. Sweet beaming jeans and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment