Sunday, July 29, 2018

Dear Mike - 29th December 1973

I have just sent you off £68 in two registered envelopes hoping you will recieve same safely and hope you can change it at a reasonable rate somewhere. £58 of this money was tax rebate and other £10 was from your job money, it seems you can't just send money out of the country as you please and I hope for your sake it gets through. I see from the Telegraph your area had some shocking weather over the Christmas period, the river Tarn as mentioned so I new you must have copped it, we all hope you are O.K. and not flooded out or have been in any danger from this violent weather. Christmas passed quietly here, weather mild and calm, I managed to get a couple of days off. Poor John has been ill with flu though and is just getting better, he fainted on me Christmas Eve about 10.30 pm, he got off the settee and went down like a felled tree going through the hall doorway, he hadn't had a drink either, he should have gone to see Rod Stewart that evening but couldn't make it of course. Will close now, as I want to catch the post. Cheerio and let me know soon when money arrives. Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment