Friday, July 13, 2018

Dear Mike - 12th March 1968

Haven't heard from you for a long time hope you are well. It'll soon be Easter, I bet you can't wait. I keep looking up because I'm watching Spike Milligan's show "The Beachcomber" do you watch it, he's showing how to make pancakes, I'm in fits of laughter. Work is rather boring. I'm having my hair done Saturday afternoon because I'm going to a dance on Sunday night, St. Patrick's night ( up the Irish ). How's your work getting on? by the way did the police ever find your burgalar? I love the record "Rosy" by Don Partridge. I hope you have taped it. I think it's my favourite song of the year, he's what you call a musician, have you heard the Beatles new record "Lady Madonna" ? I had to hear it about five times before I liked it even a little bit. Mandy just said hello. Did I tell you I bought "Darlin' " by the Beach Boys? I can't remember . Not much to tell really, thing's very dreary down here, it poured with rain last night and snowed last weekend, so the weather hasn't been much help. How did you like my tennis dress, you did get my last letter didn't you? Mum's just told me to tell you that Dad's wrote to Ilford's and he wrote a stamped addressed envelope so we should get a reply tomorrow. Here's a little bit of news for you. Mum sends her love. Well that's all for now. Love, Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment