Sunday, July 29, 2018

Diary entry - 23rd December 1973

Quite uneventful really, most of the day spent listening to records and getting bored with them, doing a cockeral watercolour for Bill and Lynne. Bill's been mending his van doors and Lynne's been typing and reading. Grey day, now radio's on fading blue denim american dutch doublers. No good strong stations on at this time (4.30pm ) getting dark - I've changed a light bulb in my room - I thought it was a bit dim - it faded away to nothing and I discovered it was a dutch double 40 watts!! What happened to the 100w I put in when Bill came doubling back? ! Search me! Nice and brightly now. Wrote a letter to the folks back home. Bill went for walk in dark to the ruins in Cabritte's valley and was frightened by torchlight - he put batteries in from dump and they worked. ................. This is a bit more for Sunday. I decided, after I'd done the water colour with the black border for B &L - that the painting on the easel should be the same. Now it stands upside down - blackened. A piece of Lynne's dough and currants is inside me now and I feel not like reading or writing or doing anything. I hope I get something in the post tomorrow being Christmas Eve, but things take so long I have my doubts. Linda's package should come soon surely? And Barbara sent the Goon book I hope. A nice giro from the tax man would be the best present of all !

No comments:

Post a Comment