Monday, July 16, 2018

Dear Michael - November 1969

Many thanks for your letter, book and P.O. recieved safely. I wasn't expecting you to send me the money for the watch repairs, the cost wasn't mentioned for that reason with a £58 gas bill you had certainly better forget me at Christmas, the 25/- will do fine. I went out and bought a bottle of Martini with it to help dilute some gin at Christmas as the usual slurping will be done I'm sure. The girls keep pestering me with regards what I am getting them for presents ( usual Leigh routine ) I haven't told them but I have bought a new record player, auto type joint present for them, you will be giving it a go too knowing you. Please don't say anything about this in any future letters home, believe it or not it's still a secret. Yes Mike my fishing is over until next June, where I go you only catch Summer fish, carp etc. It's too b**** cold now and I'm not that keen not having a car to travel further field to river fish, Chelmer or the Medway in Kent. I'm pleased with the book, it covers most things about the sport and was thoughtful of you. Mum bought a light fitting for the porch last week and I have rigged it up, it sure lights up the front of the house and is very good these dark night, you know how black it is at the end of the path. Pleased to know you have a client for your painting. It's a pity it wasn't £100 as I'm sure you'd know what to do with it. Does that old tape recorder still exist? I haven't heard you mention it at all; if it does I was wondering if it was worth doing up as John is pestering for one and I can't afford a new one at the present time. He'll have to wait until next year I'm afraid as they cost too much, if you still have it and it's not required perhaps the chap with the car could transport it on the Christmas trip home. John is still Man. Utd. nuts, is very pleased they bucked their ideas up. He went and saw West Ham last Sat and was impressed with the game, he earns a few bob now doing an early morning paper round but is usually spent out by Monday. Mum and the girsl are well and looking forward to seeing you soon. Dee is a dab hand with the paint brush now , it's mostly on the eyes though; she's leaving school next Easter now she says, I guess it's the money she wants for clothes etc. as Barbara can get spending when she requires something new. My income tax will get a jump next year now but I have got away with it for a few years; how about you? What are your plans for 1970 or haven't you any idea until you know the result of this course. Will close now Mike, I hope I haven't bored you too much. Excuse the paper, writing this at work ( Night shift ). Love from all. Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment