Saturday, July 28, 2018

Dear Mike - 26th February 1974

Received your very amusing letter this morning, glad to hear you are well. I'm looking forward to packing up work this weekend, although we can't really afford it, but you know what the stupid social security are like. I won't get my grant otherwise. I shall be a lady of leisure for a while now. Hope your weather has improved, sounds much like ours. A bit chilly round the old knee caps again today. It's funny, but I've gone right off lentil soup, can't say why. I think it was the bit about setting into a hard lump. Ugh! I'm feeling a bit cheesed off at the moment, John is working away this week and won't be home 'til Friday. So I'm on my lonesome. Seen any castles in the distance lately? It sounds like you've more furniture than I have, with all that wood. You could build yourself a nice log cabin, ha! I'm popping over to see Dad tomorrow and Mum usually comes over Wednesdays. So will probably see your letter to her ( if she's got it ) We all swap and have extra laughs ( no I'm not being funny ) it's just that you write such funny letters. Oh dear! I'm getting in deeper. We've got general election day on Thursday. Everyone is being all secretive about who their vote is going to. Personally I think it's a load of old rhubarb, I'm not sure I will vote atall. John is against all of them, so that's two votes they won't get. No news about the house yet. I'm getting rather disheartened, they say it will be a certain time before any of them are finished, then when the time draws nearer, not a word is said. So you don't know where you are. Still never mind, we're certain of one before Christmas, that's something to look forward too! ha! Dee & Steve came round last night to keep me company, on their bikes, it was quite funny seeing Dee arrive puffed out ( you'd have thought she'd come 10 miles the fuss she made, it took her about two hours to get over it, ha!) and then Steve arrived. I bet the neighbours had a good gossip, things like "her at number 26 had some fella in last night and her husband ony went away this morning" ( typical window watchers round 'ere dear ha! ha! ) You get a good laugh anyway. Well , that's all for now. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care and keep well. Barb & John + lump xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment