Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dear Mike - 8th October 1973

Received your letter this morning, we were beginning to wonder wether you were O.K. or not and thought you might have finished up in North Africa. Sorry your journey was so vile, you must have been in a state after all that delay and messing about, I bet your hair was real wild. Have enclosed your mail less the cheque from Brentwood, this I have changed and will send the money on if you so desire. I kept one of the photos of you as they were all dulplicated , this you won't mind I'm sure. The grape picking sounds like hop picking used to be in Kent, O.K. when it is fine but the worst job out when wet. I would have done the same as you. Hope you don't end up living off nuts and berries plentiful as they are. The meals sounded fine, no doubt washed down by the local red wine. The stove takes me back when I was billeted in farms in 1939-40, if I remember there are usually lots of rings which one removes for the different size cooking post. Sorry to hear all those foreigners don't speak English the ignorant lot; but I am sure they are friendly and do their best. I still can't place where you are not having a map of France, no doubt you will explain more next time. The usual routine going on here; Mum keeps asking if I have heard, she'll be pleased today when she phones. Will close now Mike, love from us all, Mandy as well. I miss you coming at weekends. Write as often as possible. Love, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment