Saturday, July 14, 2018

Dear Michael - 15th May 1968

The enclosed form came the other day, will you please fill your page in and then return it to me as I have to get a proof of earnings form from my job. I had one in April but have lost it, don't send it to Chelmsford without this form. Hope you are well and not working too hard. I saw Marty Feldman last night for the first time, had a good laugh, better than Spike's show, I like the sketch where he kept saying " I wonder why he never married" ! Mum roared with laughter, you can imagine I'm sure. John is waiting for Manchester United's match tonight, on t.v. tonight 10.50. Hope they win or he'll go nuts, so will I but I know you won't. John liked the sports paper you sent, better than a birthday present by the expression on his face. The garden is looking o.k. just painted the swing and garden seat, not red , white and blue but just plain green. The putting green is getting a bashing now the grass is cut regularly. Plenty of blossom on the apple tree this year, it's not a spinster after all, hope there isn't any late frost or you won't be able to sample them when you come home. Did you get your expenses from Chelmsford O.K.? or did they question your total? Mum and the girls are well, you hear from time to time I know but the letter writing seems to have eased off. Will close now as fish and chips have been plonked in front of me. All the best of luck. Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment