Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dear Michael - 24th February 1970

At last I am writing you a few lines. I have just got your address. I am pleased to say I have got settled in my new flat. I wish you could see it. Something different from Vale Road. I rode down there the other day, the kids have smashed all the windows. Talk about a dump. I can see for miles out of my window all round Wrotham. I've got 9 oak trees on the green at the front. It will be lovely there in the Summer, but cold just now as I am facing North. Well Mike, I had to laugh when you was chased by that woman and her dog. I should have loved to have been there. Reminds me of something when I was sweeping one day, stroking a dog, I was bending down and I drew a "loud one" off, it started barking and running away with it's tail between it's legs. Didn't I laugh. I hope you are getting on alright with your work and will make something in the end. Hope you are still courting strong. It seems Auntie Iris is not married yet. I shall be 67 on the 10th March and I feel it sometimes. Cheerio for now. Uncle (William) Will P.S. I'm sending you a little gift to go out and have a nosh up. ( Keep it dark )

No comments:

Post a Comment