Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Dear Mike - 1st February 1974

So sorry I haven't written sooner, but I've been so busy, when I get home from work, washing etc. I couldn't seem to find the time to do anything else ( poor old sole ) ha! Anyway after all that moaning, it was lovely to hear from you, do hope this letter finds you well and happy. The weather here has started to get a little better just lately even the sun came out for about three hours yesterday.Glad you liked the book. I thought it was rather hilarious myself, I like the descriptions of Bluebottle, Eccles etc. it made me laugh so much, there were tears in my eyes. You talking about Candid Camera, one of the first films was this fella knocking at a front door somewhere in the east end and asking the man who lived there if he could look after his goat he had with him, then pass it on to the next door neighbour and so on. Because the milkman wasn't going to call any more, well the man was dumbfounded, he was so really taken in by this fella. He even told the man he could have a cow, if he didn't like goats milk. I wish you could have seen it Mike, what a laugh! I'm getting quite maternal as you put it, hee. 36" round the waist , you wouldn't believe it if you saw me. I leave work in four weeks time, that's quite a relief I'm beginning to feel very tired in the mornings now. We're hoping for a house to come through soon, so by the time you come home, if you do that is, we will be in a place of our own. I'm getting quite excited. What will you do if you come back here? I mean will you go back to Brentwood. I read your letter to Mum & Dad. I had a laugh about the the postman weeing up the wall, does he do it every day? You'd better watch he doesn't hit you as the door opens ha! Does Dee or John write to you at all knowing they are both to envolved with records and clothes I don't suppose they can afford a stamp. Sorry you've not had any photos. I'm still having some done, so don't worry I've not forgotten you. That's all for now. Lots of love and take care of yourself. Your sprouting sister, Barb xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment