Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Dear Mike - 1st December 1973

Thanks for long funny letters. I hope you are well and happy. I've just popped into see Dad, as John is playing rugby at Chelmsford and it's a bit too parky for me. I hear Dad told you about our baby ( Uncle Mike ). It is due May 12th so perhaps you will be home by then. We are eagerly awaiting a house of our own, but there is such a long waiting list. I doubt if it will be much before the baby is born. I hope not though! I saw a Goons book in Smtihs that one with the scripts in of their television programme. I'm going to get it and send it to you for Christmas but wanted to find out if you had it already. Let me know next time you write. We are having a lovely crisp sunny day today, from indoors it looks like Summer, but once you get outside you soon find it's far from warm around the kneecaps. Have you made anything while you've been over there - do you have a television? It's a shame you haven't heard from the tax office. I know how you feel, I've been waiting for a rebate for over a month from Basildon, you have to keep on at them or you don't get anywhere. I hope you hear soon. I'll write again before Christmas, just in case the post is held up. Not much news to tell you this time. John says hello and hopes you are keeping well. Take care Love Barb & John xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment