Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dear No. 1 Son - 27th January 1970

Have just received you very nice letter, and feel absolutely ashamed for not having written. Barbara sent you one today which she wrote yesterday, and really it was her talking all the time about sending you a letter, I just kept putting off writing one of my own. I was going to pop a note in your goods via Poss, but he came and went before I came home from work. Now I have got that off my chest, hope I am forgiven and promise to send at least once a week. Hope you are managing alright money-wise etc. And also trust you are keeping well ! Sorry about not having any luck regarding your post graduate place, but I am sure you will make it. Will be pleased to see you when and if you get a London trip. The weather here is really lovely today, warm and sunny like Spring. have been going mad washing my curtains but lo and behold, they have shrunk, go to put them back up again and find there is quite half a yard of peeping space! Father is getting too fat so have put him on a diet. Uncle wrote and said you had sent him a very nice letter and he was pleased with it and asked for your address, didn't you put one on? Dee is leaving school Easter , wants to get a job with Barbara. So that just leaves ginger John at school, I'm glad he is staying on, it will give him more chance of a better job. I don't know what he has in mind, no idea at all. Hope this scribble will do for now. Will write more later, cross my heart! Lots of love, look after yourself. Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment