Monday, July 30, 2018

Dear Michael - Sat. 6th December 1973

Haven't had a lot to write about for a while but know I am getting in arrears keeping in touch. Mum has been sending mags and papers I understand, as there appears to be a newsprint shortage still lots of weekly books are short and music papers are at a premium. Know doubt you are pleased with anything except Danny La Rue stories etc. Hope the two Evening Echoes pass half hour away. Your friend Bill rang up the other day and John answered as I was at work. I had no record players I'm afraid, haven't seen any advertised as all the local papers have and still are on strike, the Echo has only started again this week. Have no idea what you were able to receive via the post for Xmas, not too flush with cash either after Barb's wedding, It'll be tame here this year as Dee is going to Butlins again. Have you sawn all the trees down yet in your area? It sounds as if your bed needed burning, it looks like one of my P.O.W. beds after using some of the boards for brewing up. Will close now as I am on late shift and have my chores to do. John and Dee are still upstairs getting over Friday night activities. Cheerio for now. Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment