Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dear Mike - 14th February 1974

Thanks for your very funny letter and pictures of ante-natal exercises. It's a good job I've got a sense of humour. We've had a lot of rain lately as well, and yet today was really like a Summer's day. I hope your rain has stopped now, I wouldn't fancy your shutters flapping all night long, it sounds like something out of a horror film. Talking of films, I bet it was annoying watching that Sean Connery film in French. It's a good job you had seen it ha! Nothing really exciting happened here, the general election is well under way. Everyone's moaning about the three day week, yet they still go out the same and spend all their money on drink. John and I still haven't heard anything about a house, still we've got nearly three months before the baby's born. ( By the way I'm half the size of a house!) It was Valentines Day here Thursday, needless to say I didn't get any ho ho! Do you still hear from Linda who was on that boat, or is she still floating up and down the North Sea? I've got this craving for kippers at the moment, most perculier. John and I had to get up the other night at 2 o'clock in morning, we had this yearning for a toasted bacon sandwich and it nearly drove us both mad till we jumped out of bed and started frying ha! It was something like a fast movie. Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. Take care. Lots of love. Barb xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment