Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Dear Mike - 21st November 1973

Received your last letter O.K. it took the usual four days, sorry you get a spell without receiving any letters. I can only ask them to write; you have been getting the music papers though, I have sent several. I trust the stamp I put on them covers their trip, don't want you to pay any excess charge. Just finishing off a week of nights so if the pen wanders forgive me. All well at 48, all three of us. John is going to the Pontins dance on Saturday at the Albert Hall or some joint like that, I expect he'll crawl in during the early hours Sunday morning having had a rave up with his holiday friends. Steve started on his own as a fully fledged plasterer this week, he was looking for a labourer and tried to get John interested but to no avail. Haven't heard anything from Bill yet. I haven't seen any record players as yet, I was hoping to hear from Bill first just incase he has aquired one, no sense in getting one as well. You seem to be busy doing "Do It Yourself" it all sounds crude to me, furniture made from boxes but that's how you want to carry on and have done for some time, you seem to be enjoying it, that's all that matters. I suppose your weather must have changed by now, there is thick fog here at the moment, also frost. I'm not looking forward to the ride home, it must be quite a few degrees warmer where you are, seeing the place on that map you sent you are not far from the Pyrenees Mountains are you? By the way, thanks for picking it up out the road and sending it home, most hygienic. I hope a French horse hadn't performed on it. Sorry about the income tax form I enclosed in one of the papers, it has to be filled in it seems but that won't take too long. Once you start work here you can't get away from the "bumf"! Mum came last Wed 14th and made a Christmas cake and is going to ice it today, knowing the Leighs I expect I'll be taking it to work after the holiday as I was last year. Will have to close now as I am getting drowsy so will have to do soemthing energetic 1.e. mop out the office; so cheers Mike, keep well and write when you can. Best wishes from all x Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment