Thursday, July 12, 2018

Dear Michael - September 1967

This is the hairy one writing to you a few lines, it seems you do like to receive letters after all but not too keen on answering them perhaps. You appear to have got off to a busy start and the college but didn't seem very happy with the subject, going by all the school reports all of you have had, items that aren't liked are what you are all bad at . I guess life projects in your case are probably your weakest. Pleased you have a good flat and that you have got yourself a comfortable bed; was the flat bare when you went into it? I am sure your sleeping bag wasn't very comfortable on the floor. I saw the sketch of your window ; the house must be oldist to have windows like that, is there any floors above your flat or are you up the top? As you said Ive had a sort out here since you left, you must admit it wasn't very tidy was it. I have made a decent garden seat out of the framwork of the old settee, some of your old picture frames have been used for slats the canvases I have put away should you want them at all. Mum had the brainy idea of sawing the old side board in half and then refixing the end back onto the place where I made the cut, thus making a one door one drawer cupbaord for John's room.What a job that turned out to be, only had that tin saw, but managed it; covering up the faults with that sticky backed plastic. Barry sounds like a very good cook from the menu you sent. I expect you get the frying pan cracking of an evening and then get down to work or do you have enough of that during the day? Will close now Mike hope I haven't bored you. I have never written to a son before and it wants some getting used to. Cheerio for now. Love from all. Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment