Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Dear Mike - 21st December 1973

Thanks for the lovely letter. I'm a bit worried you didn't mention about the book I sent you in a large brown envelope, perhaps it crossed with your other letter, I would hate to think you had no pressy's to open Xmas morning. Dad has received a letter from the tax office, with a cheque for fity eight pounds odd pence, I am writing to ask if you want me to cash it for you and send money order or what. I don't know what the system is out there, or whether you want it left until you come home. If you let me know I will do it for you with pleasure. I'm very pleased you got such a lot back. I received one not so long ago because of my marriage so I can feel excitement for you, ha! I hope you are having a lovely Christmas over there. It seems strange not seeing you for so long. I will send photo very soon in my next letter, so don't worry. It hasn't snowed for a couple of weeks here, but has got milder, for some unknown reason, calm before the storm no doubt. Have you been hearing about all our strikes, here it's terrible trains, miners, coal men, electric , you are in the right place at the moment I can tell you. Anyway, wish you a lovely New year, take care and see you soon. Lots of love Barb xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment