Thursday, August 2, 2018

Diary Extracts - 20th and 21st,Dec.1973

Fandango on wailing wall keeps me constantly twixt sleep 'n' slurch so doesn't help mornings dismal awakenings. Did I say I'd go home today? Well perhaps I was a bit hastey. Still got 200f to keep my pocket happy 'til Feb. at least. Thinking of going to pictures in Albi, five cinemas! 101 Dalmations on this week, also Lawrence of Arabi- yuch! Got a runny nose!? A man in an ear flap hat came to the door this morning as I was making tea but I couldn't understand him, nor he me! "I had a red door but a had it painted black". Just wired up the extension speaker from the record player in Lynne's room, bored a hole in the floor to put the wire thru'. Sounds alright, Yoko's "Cat Man" is on now. Bill's gome wood cuttin' on his own - leaving me to get on with my water colouring. Bill and Lynne have gone to Albi ( I think - that direction anyway) on a secret mission. Bill has met some new people today, a sculptor, a woodman whose given us a pile of his wood for nothing and an English couple who have some land near Cordes somewhere................. Bill is getting it off his chest about record players - seems I've had it for far too long and played it too loud. Naughty me. "Eeeraaaaagh !" goes Yoko " Ooooowgh!" Went to saw mill on River Cerou today to collect off cuts given by the little baggy eyed man today. Its beautiful around there, nestling in a wooded valley among many hills with towers and secret dwelling places. I got a parcel in bed this morning that cheered me up no end - a packet of custard and a Mrs. Peaks Christmas Pud! From Dick and Cheryl. - cost £1.40 to post!! Madness!! Got two loads of wood, one stacked outside gate - fine spindles and sawed other at Marcs - drank some potent wine - we may buy some off Marc! Perhaps a turkey! It rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment