Thursday, August 2, 2018

Dear Michael - 15th August 1969

As usual not knowing what to do with the enclosed cheque I have forwarded it to you; it's rumoured you're coming home again soon but I thought you might be getting in the red.. I have just come back from Uncles, been down there jawing and fishing, he's still waiting on a move, houses empty all around him, weeds knee high along all the back gardens. Ref your watch, I dropped it just after I told you it was O.K. so now it's "up the creek" again until I go back to work again on the 19th ( been off since the 4th ) mine is still with the repairier, soon be able to tell the time by the sun when I go fishing. Didn't go away this year as I am still paying off moped etc. and couldn't afford it. All send their love from home. Barbara has been home from work for three days, tummy trouble; can't get over her holiday I reckon. Pleased to know you are getting out a bit and it's not all work, but kite flying "uuugh". Will close now. All the best from Dad /

No comments:

Post a Comment